8833 South Redwood Road
Suite C
West Jordan, UT 84088

Call For Free Consultation

(801) 876-5875

Call Us

Power of Attorney and Health Care Proxy

There are a number of legal mechanisms that allow somebody to act on your behalf if you are unable to do so. The two main concerns here are giving somebody the legal right to manage your property and to make medical decisions for you while you are incapacitated.

This area is governed by state law. Transferring power over your property is generally accomplished by a durable power of attorney.

With medical decision-making, things are considerably more complicated. For example, in Utah, you would need a “health care power of attorney”, or health care advance directive or proxy (e.g., non-hospital do not resuscitate orders).

These are serious options that you should consider, if you or a member of your family needs the services of an experienced attorney, please contact Michael Anderson at The Ascent Law. I am committed to helping you with all your legal needs.

Win Your Personal Injury Case