Trevor B. Fugate, Esq.
Attorney and Counselor at Law
Trevor sees the law as a tool for growth. Not destruction. No matter the situation, he works to help his clients grow: their wealth, their security, their freedom. His experience in litigation and transactional matters will provide you with the legal muscle you need to get what you deserve.
After graduating from Brigham Young University with a Bachelor’s Degree in English, he went on to receive his Juris Doctorate from BYU as well. While there, he was Lead Editor of the Education and Law Journal, on the Dean’s List, and a competitor on BYU’s traveling transactional competition team.
Prior to joining Ascent Law, Trevor focused his legal practice on helping businesses succeed in whatever stage they were in. Whether that meant helping them choose the correct type of business entity, drafting internal documents, negotiating contracts, protecting their intellectual property, litigating to secure for them what was rightfully theirs or fighting to defend their hard-earned assets and reputation.
Trevor likes having fun in his spare time. He thinks getting lost in Utah’s mountains with his wife is particularly fun. He also enjoys eating meat cooked over a fire, reading Calvin & Hobbes, running a peach orchard, and starting companies of his own.
Trevor enjoys the following areas of legal practice:
- Contracts (drafting and litigation)
- Civil litigation (federal and state cases)
- Business Law (all aspects – securities, internal organization, operating agreements)
- Family Law (Child Custody, Parenting plans, Divorce, Annulment)
- Business Formations (LLC, Corporations, Partnerships, etc.)
- Business Representation (outside general counsel, lawsuits)
- Real Estate (Easements, Title Disputes, etc)
- Intellectual Property Law (copyrights, trademarks, trade secrets, etc.)
- Estate Planning and Probates (contested and uncontested)
- Tax Matters (IRS and Utah State Tax Commission)
8833 S. Redwood Road, Suite C
West Jordan, Utah
84088 United States
Telephone: (801) 676-5506