For many, debt can be insidious. It sneaks into your budget before you realize what’s happening. It may have started innocently, or unforeseeably. Whatever the intentions that led to the debt, hoping for your situation to miraculously change isn’t going to solve the problem. In some cases, interest can accumulate so quickly it increases your balance faster than you’re able to pay it off. Delays in getting out of debt can be devastating, leading to legal action and loss of property. It’s important to deal with your debt before the situation spirals out of control. If you feel out of control, call a bankruptcy lawyer to help you right away.
Take the first step to recovery by acknowledging there’s a problem. The immediate step to follow is to figure out what you can do about it. Gather your bills – everything you have to pay each month. Think about what you spend on groceries, dining, entertainment, clothes, and anything else you purchase each month. This will help clarify your financial picture. Getting out of debt could be as simple as rearranging your budget and prioritizing your lifestyle – even if it’s a temporary fix.
The solutions to financial struggles can be complex and overwhelming. Without knowing your options it’s easy to feel helpless and stuck. Financial solutions aren’t one-size-fits-all, the same solution doesn’t work for everyone. We will evaluate your income, assets, payments and debts, as well as your personal and financial goals. This will help us to gain a true understanding what you face and the best way to overcome your financial struggle.
Whether it’s budgeting advice, debt consolidation, credit counseling, or bankruptcy, we can recommended a solution and ultimately provide you with financial peace of mind.
You Are Not Alone
When struggling with debt, you may feel alone in your fears and frustrations—but you’re not. We have helped thousands of clients facing financial difficulties much like your own. There are programs available to help hard-working Americans find a fresh financial start, without losing everything (or anything) they own. We can lead you to and through those solutions.
5 Reasons to Look Forward to Your 341 Meeting
One of the most unnecessary stressors for a bankruptcy client is anxiety about the 341 meeting. Here are five reasons to be excited about the 341 meeting.
- It won’t take long.Most 341 Meetings will only last 3-5 minutes. The trustee will usually ask a few (yes, only a few) questions regarding your case, most of which are routine.
- There’s only one of them.In chapter 7 bankruptcy, there is only one meeting that you will need to attend and after that, it will be a waiting process until you receive your discharge papers and say goodbye to your debts.
- Odds are,your creditors won’t show up. They will miss their last chance toever talk to you about your debts. This meeting is a chance for creditors to ask any questions regarding your debt with them, but the good news is, they usually don’t show up. In the very rare times (less than 3% of my cases) that they do show up you can feel safe because your attorney will be there to support you all the way.
- Your attorney will be there with you. If you have any questions, concerns, fears etc. there is no need to worry because your attorney will be there next to you supporting you with any issues that may come up. This is why you hired an attorney, remember? To help you relieve some stress and rely on your attorney for help.
- Its usually the last appointment in your case!After your short 341 meeting very few cases require any more appointments. You will simply wait another 2-3 months to receive your discharge and that’s it! Congratulations you have a fresh new start.
So take a deep breath and begin to get excited about the 341 Meeting!
Free Consultation with Bankruptcy Lawyers
If you have a bankruptcy question, or need to file a bankruptcy case, call Ascent Law now at (801) 676-5506. Attorneys in our office have filed over a thousand cases. We can help you now. Come in or call in for your free initial consultation.
8833 S. Redwood Road, Suite C
West Jordan, Utah
84088 United States
Telephone: (801) 676-5506