8833 South Redwood Road
Suite C
West Jordan, UT 84088

Call For Free Consultation

(801) 676-5506

Call Us

Tax Law Forms

Tax Law Forms

Many tax filers find themselves in the middle of filling out their tax returns when they realize that they have questions about different tax laws and forms. The vast amounts of information on the IRS’s website are useful, but it can be difficult to know where to start. This section will guide you to the appropriate tax forms to use, as well as to the correct places to look for particular provisions of tax codes. It also has a number of useful resources, including a list of frequently requested IRS forms; and links to tax forms, tax codes and taxpayer assistance for all 50 states. If you call us, we can help you find the correct tax form for you in your specific situation.

Federal tax law is more complicated than nearly any other set of laws in the country. However, most taxpayers will not need to worry themselves with large sections of the tax code. The federal tax system is largely built around a set of forms. Most taxpayers qualify to use form 1040 or 1040EZ to file their annual taxes. Additional forms termed “schedules” allow for itemized deductions, the calculation of business profits and losses, the reporting of capital gains and losses, requests for Earned Income Credit, and calculation of self-employment tax.

Some other commonly-used tax forms include the W-2 Wage and Tax statement, a form employers must provide employees to report the amount of wages paid and taxes withheld within the fiscal year. Other forms can request an offer in compromise, an extension of time to file, the application of the alternative minimum tax, or to report a change of address.

State tax laws vary greatly. Some states have no income tax, while others have no sales tax. State taxes pay for state services in all cases, but states are permitted to determine what should be taxed, and how much.
The variation between states makes generalization difficult. Alaska and New Hampshire, for example, don’t tax sales or income. New Hampshire collects most of its tax revenues from property tax and Alaska taxes petroleum and investment income. Louisiana, on the other hand, has the lowest property tax in the nation, instead taxing income and sales.

This lack of uniformity means that you will need to familiarize yourself with the tax requirements of your state to understand your obligations fully. Our resources can help you learn more about tax in your state and neighboring jurisdictions.

There is a bewildering array of tax forms available. Call us and we’ll help you find both federal and state tax forms that will allow you to file taxes on your income, claim deductions and credits, negotiate compromise where there is a dispute, or receive instruction and information on a broad array of topics. These documents can be a helpful resource to learn more about your rights and obligations as a taxpayer.

IRS Lawyer Free Consultation

When you need legal help with an IRS or tax matter, please call Ascent Law for your free consultation (801) 676-5506. We want to help you.

Michael R. Anderson, JD

Ascent Law LLC
8833 S. Redwood Road, Suite C
West Jordan, Utah
84088 United States

Telephone: (801) 676-5506

Ascent Law LLC

4.9 stars – based on 67 reviews

Recent Posts

SEC and Marijuana Business

Can I Change The Interest Rate On My Car Loan in Bankruptcy?

Covenant or Condition?

Income Tax Audit

Illegal Evictions Can Get You In Trouble

Cybersquatting Law

Share this Article

About the Author

People who want a lot of Bull go to a Butcher. People who want results navigating a complex legal field go to a Lawyer that they can trust. That’s where I come in. I am Michael Anderson, an Attorney in the Salt Lake area focusing on the needs of the Average Joe wanting a better life for him and his family. I’m the Lawyer you can trust. I grew up in Utah and love it here. I am a Father to three, a Husband to one, and an Entrepreneur. I understand the feelings of joy each of those roles bring, and I understand the feeling of disappointment, fear, and regret when things go wrong. I attended the University of Utah where I received a B.A. degree in 2010 and a J.D. in 2014. I have focused my practice in Wills, Trusts, Real Estate, and Business Law. I love the thrill of helping clients secure their future, leaving a real legacy to their children. Unfortunately when problems arise with families. I also practice Family Law, with a focus on keeping relationships between the soon to be Ex’s civil for the benefit of their children and allowing both to walk away quickly with their heads held high. Before you worry too much about losing everything that you have worked for, before you permit yourself to be bullied by your soon to be ex, before you shed one more tear in silence, call me. I’m the Lawyer you can trust.